All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMuch writing on gender and sport is focused upon the negative impact of girls' exclusion from the arena, suggesting by inference that current practice in sport and physical education offers an uncomplicatedly positive sport experience for boys, and that gender, in and of itself, offers a simple starting point for research into young people's experience of sport. Rethinking Gender and Youth Sport articulates certain themes which, it is suggested, might contribute to broadening and furthering discussion in the area of gender, youth sport and physical activity. This collection considers a number of themes relating to gender in sport, including: * the body * competence, ability and school physical education * cultural change and diversity * gendered spaces * human rights and well-being. Authoritative writers have contributed thought provoking chapters which will prompt the reader to re-think the ways in which gender is understood within the context of youth sport.
- Author BiographyIan Wellard is Head of the Centre for Physical Education Research, Canterbury Christ Church University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/10/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Physical Education and Youth Sport
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white tables
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byIan Wellard
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.