All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Rethinking Language Arts: Passion and Practice, Second Edition, author Nina Zaragoza uses the form of letters to her students to engage pre-service teachers in reevaluating teaching practices, thus bringing to life a vision of an alternative classroom environment in which the teacher is the prime mover and creative leader. Zaragoza discusses and explains the need for teachers to be decision makers, reflective thinkers, political beings, and agents of social change in order to create a positive and inclusive classroom setting. This book is both a critical text that deconstructs the way language arts are traditionally taught in our schools as well as a visionary text with clear, -nsense directions on how to provide much needed change in our schools.
- Author BiographyNina Zaragoza is currently an English Language Teacher/ Consultant at The American Home in Vladimir, Russia.
- Author(s)Nina Zaragoza
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/04/2002
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSociocultural, Political and Historical Studies in Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byJoe L. Kincheloe,Shirley R. Steinberg
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.