All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe field of macroecomics has always played host to contesting schools of thought, but the recent Global Financial Crisis has exacerbated those differences. In order to fully understand macroecomics at the introductory level, students need to be aware of these controversies. Rethinking Macroecomics introduces students to the different schools of thought, equipping them with the kwledge needed for a real understanding of today's macro ecomy. The text guides the reader through various approaches to the analysis of the macro ecomy of the U.S., before presenting the data for several critical ecomic episodes, in order to discover which analytical method provides the best explanation for each event. It covers key background information on topics such as the basics of supply and demand, macroecomic data, international trade and the balance of payments, and the creation of the money supply. Offering the context that is missing from existing introductory macroecomics texts, John F. McDonald encourages students to think critically about received ecomic wisdom. This text is the ideal complement to any introductory macroecomics textbook and is best suited for undergraduate students who have had an introductory course in ecomics.
- Author BiographyJohn F. McDonald is Emeritus Professor of Economics at the University of Illinois at Chicago, and Gerald W. Fogelson Distinguished Chair in Real Estate Emeritus from Roosevelt University, USA.
- Author(s)John F. McDonald
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/05/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note19 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white tables, 19 black & white line drawings
- Weight314 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.