All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStability is at the core of every discussion of order, organization or institutionalization. From an 'inside' perspective, the stability of each order-constituting element is assumed. In contrast, in critical discourses instability (e.g. through ambiguity, or n-control) is located at the outside of the social order as its negative. By treating this argumentative symmetrical structure as idioms of stability and de-stabilization , the articles try to rethink order: How can we describe structures from a perspective in which instability, n-control and irrationality are t contrary to ordering systems, but contribute to their stability? How might the tions of identity, kwledge and institution in social and cultural studies be contested by this change of perspective?
- Author BiographyNicole Falkenhayner (PhD) is a post-doc researcher at the graduate school factual and fictional narration at Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg, Germany. Andreas Langenohl (Prof. Dr.) teaches sociology at Justus Liebig University Giessen, Germany. Johannes Scheu (PhD) is a research associate at the Cluster of Excellence Cultural Foundations of Integration , University of Constance, Germany. Doris Schweitzer (PhD) is research associate at the EXC 16, University of Constance, Germany. Kacper Szulecki (Dr. rer. soc.) is Dahrendorf Fellow at the Hertie School of Governance in Berlin, Germany.
- PublisherTranscript Verlag
- Date of Publication01/11/2015
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintTranscript Verlag
- Content Note13 b/w illus
- Weight454 g
- Width148 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edited byAndreas Langenohl,Doris Schweitzer,Johannes Scheu,Kacper Szulecki,Nicole Falkenhayner
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.