All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book takes a new angle on a much-studied phemen, focusing on the role of domination and identity construction, understanding and self-kwledge, moral transformation and the social community, systems of training and hierarchy used by schooling, and the role they play in bullying. Exploring typical narratives of value within schooling (i.e., who counts and who doesn't?), the volume shows how bullying might make sense to a student as a pathway of identity construction within such stories (discourses and practices taken up by schools). It suggests how we can tell a new story and create a new culture which might undermine, or close off, the allure of bullying as a need-meeting avenue for students within schools.
- Author BiographyRonald B. Jacobson is Assistant Professor in the Graduate Education Program at Northwest University.
- Author(s)Ronald B. Jacobson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/09/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.