All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionThis landmark volume brings together some of the titans of social movement theory in a grand reassessment of its status. For some time, the field has been divided between a dominant structural approach and a cultural or constructivist tradition. The gaps and misunderstandings between the two sides-as well as the efforts to bridge them-closely parallel those in the social sciences at large. This book aims to further the dialogue between these two distinct approaches to social movements and to show the broader implications for social science as a whole as it struggles with issues including culture, emotion, and agency.
- Author BiographyJeff Goodwin is professor of sociology at New York University. James M. Jasper is the author of several books including Nuclear Politics, The Animal Rights Crusade (with Dorothy Nelkin), The Art of Moral Protest, and Restless Nation.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication07/10/2003
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Series TitlePeople, Passions, and Power: Social Movements, Interest Organizations and the Political Process
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width151 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJames M. Jasper,Jeff Goodwin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.