All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionHas the concept of sustainability as we kw it reached the end of its useful life? It is a term that means many things to many people, but it has been a positive driving force across all levels of society in a broad-based effort - either through laws and treaties or voluntary action - to keep our planet and our people healthy. But ne of those efforts have managed to prevent climate change. It's a reality that's here to stay, and it's bigger than we would have imagined even 20 years ago. This volume presents a collection of papers from experts in the field articulating a wide range of thoughtful ways in which various conceptions of sustainability need to be re-examined, refined, or articulated in greater detail to address these challenges. The chapters reflect the kind of thoughtful and sophisticated thinking that is needed to accelerate the transition to sustainability in the face of a changing climate. As editors Jessica Owley and Keith Hirokawa te, one of the main challenges is the need for a better understanding of the issues and developing the proper means of communicating them. The chapter authors demonstrate that sustainability provides a creative space within which to develop ideas and proposals to further social, ecomic, and environmental goals at the same time. Many propose new or modified laws and policies. All of them contribute to a constructive and helpful discussion about how to address what is easily one of the most difficult and important questions facing the planet. Rethinking Sustainability will be helpful to a wide range of audiences' lawyers and policymakers as well as students and their teachers.
- Author(s)Jessica Owley,Keith Hirokawa
- PublisherWest Academic
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationMinnesota
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEnvironmental Law Institute
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.