All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.64Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionAn early childhood classroom should reinforce and enhance young children's sense of belonging and connection to their environment, each other, their families, and their community. Rethinking the Classroom Landscape invites educators and administrators to rethink the traditional classroom, with inspirational examples showing how to weave elements that reflect each centre's community into the classroom design. Colourful photos show what teachers can do to encourage a sense of community unique to each classroom. Easy-to implement ideas and strategies are based on five guideposts that help educators create early childhood environments that vividly connect children, adults, and the surrounding community. These community environments include connections to past and present, geography, typography, flora, and fauna.
- Author BiographySandra Duncan, EdD, has over 45 years experience in the early care andeducation field. A past owner of early childhood programs, she now publishescurricula and teacher resources and trainsteachers and program directorsthroughout the country.Jody Martin has 30 years experience at nearly every level of early education, a BA in psychology and minor in child development. She is now serving as vicepresident of education and training forCreme de la Creme.Rebecca Kreth has spent the last 25 years working with diverse communities, including supporting teaching practices for American Indian and Alaska nativechildren. She has a BA in psycholocyand minor in child development.
- Author(s)Sandra Duncan
- PublisherGryphon House,U.S.
- Date of Publication28/03/2017
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBeltsville, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGryphon House,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width226 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.