Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis study argues that the domain traditionally covered by 'coordination' and 'subordination' in English can be neatly subdivided into four distinct construction types which differ in the grammatical encoding of speaker-attitude and speaker-interlocutor interaction. The four semantically, syntactically and pragmatically coherent construction types make sense of the many conflicting criteria proposed in the literature to distinguish subordinate constructions from coordinate ones.
- Author BiographyJean-Christophe Verstraete, Leuven University, Belgium.
- Author(s)Jean-Christophe Verstraete
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Date of Publication18/06/2007
- Series TitleTopics in English Linguistics [TIEL]
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 55
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMouton de Gruyter
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 49 black & white tables, 7 schw.-w. Abb., 49 schw.-w. Tab.
- Weight657 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.