All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAccording to some social theorists, we are 'at the end of the social'. This book argues that such prouncements may be premature, as we need to reengage with what sociologists have previously meant by 'the social'. 'Rethinking the Social' is the first book to systematically analyse the different concepts of the social developed by Durkheim, Marx and Weber. It examines how the concept of the social became unproblematic for twentieth-century writers and suggests that debates surrounding this concept remain very much alive. Building on A. N. Whitehead's work, Halewood develops a vel 'philosophy of the social'.
- Author BiographyMichael Halewood is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Essex. He is the author of 'A. N. Whitehead and Social Theory: Tracing a Culture of Thought' (Anthem Press).
- Author(s)Michael Halewood
- PublisherAnthem Press
- Date of Publication28/11/2014
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleKey Issues in Modern Sociology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnthem Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.