Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAccording to some social theorists, we are 'at the end of the social'. This book argues that such prouncements may be premature, as we need to reengage with what sociologists have previously meant by 'the social'. 'Rethinking the Social' is the first book to systematically analyse the different concepts of the social developed by Durkheim, Marx and Weber. It examines how the concept of the social became unproblematic for twentieth-century writers and suggests that debates surrounding this concept remain very much alive. Building on A. N. Whitehead's work, Halewood develops a vel 'philosophy of the social'.
- Author BiographyMichael Halewood is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Essex. He is the author of 'A. N. Whitehead and Social Theory: Tracing a Culture of Thought' (Anthem Press).
- Author(s)Michael Halewood
- PublisherAnthem Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleKey Issues in Modern Sociology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnthem Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.