All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis study explores the field of EFL (English as a foreign language) classroom learning within a formal learning institution. Drawing on theories and methods from various disciplines, this book explores the question which has been frustrating language teachers: why do so many students remain reticent and anxious in language class? Based on a large-scale survey and a more focused case study, the book argues persuasively that reticence and anxiety in formal EFL classrooms are important factors in determining the outcome of language learning. By means of a triangulated research method, this book examines various aspects of reticence and anxiety in EFL classroom learning situations. The author analyses causes and consequences, differences in terms of gender and proficiency level, and coping strategies.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Meihua Liu teaches English at Tsinghua University in Beijing. Born in Mainland China, she has a Ph.D. in English Applied Linguistics from the Chinese University of Hong Kong. She lives in Beijing.
- Author(s)Meihua Liu
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/02/2009
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight520 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.