Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.80Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe next best thing to having an experienced Greyhound owner living with you. -Joan Belle Isle, President, Greyhound Project Anyone who reads this book and follows its guidance will have a happier, healthier dog and be a happier, more relaxed dog owner. -Hal and Karen Hawley, Greyhound Friends Northwest The Greyhound has been celebrated in song and legend for thousands of years. Nowadays, Greyhounds are bred almost exclusively for racing. In the bad old days, prior to the 1980s, dogs that didn't make the grade at the track, and those past their primes, were destroyed. According to official estimates, 60,000 of these ble, mild-mannered dogs were destroyed each year! Fortunately, a number of organizations w exist devoted to rescuing these unwanted dogs and placing them in good homes. Thinking about adopting a retired racing Greyhound? Or maybe you're already sharing your life with one of these charming animals. Either way, this friendly guide tells you everything you need to kw to: *Understand the Greyhound personality *Find a retired racing Greyhound to adopt *Choose the right ex-racer for you and your family *Educate yourself and your retired racer *Give your new pal the diet and exercise it needs *Keep your dog healthy and happy for years to come With plenty of good humor and straight-talk, Lee Livingood drawing on her forty-years of experience training adult rescue dogs to cover all the pros and cons of being a retired racing Greyhound owner, and she fills you in on: *The amazing 8000-year history of the Greyhound *Deciding whether an ex-racer is the right do for you and your family *Physical and behavioral characteristics *How to get a retired racer used to living in a home and be a companion *Dealing with common behavioral and health problems *Feeding, grooming, and exercising a Greyhound *Fun things to do with your hound Bursting with expert advice on all aspects of living with an ex-racer, Retired Racing Greyhounds For Dummies is must reading for anyone considering adoption or who's already taken the leap.
- Author BiographyLee Livingood has been training adult rescue dogs for nearly 40 years. She lives with two adopted ex-racers, volunteers for her local Greyhound adoption group, and writes for Greyhound and other dog publications.
- Author(s)Lee Livingood
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication13/09/2000
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Series TitleHowell dummies series
- Place of PublicationFoster City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHungry Minds Inc,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight441 g
- Width187 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine15 mm
Most relevant reviews
- presstik18 Aug, 2016by
Greyhounds for Dummies
This book is a very detailed and informative data base. Every thing is covered in relation to the Greyhound , this book is a must have for anyone adopting a Greyhound - would not be without it.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- valamb_f0axy016 Jun, 2016by
Very good coverage of likely issues with strategies to deal with them. Was a bit disappointed there is nothing on travel tips, in-car safety, or car-sickness which is a major concern for me with my greyhound. Much to take from it overall. Thanks to the author.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.12New
- AU $18.72New
- AU $10.89Used
- AU $24.74New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.54New
- AU $6.44Used
- AU $19.88New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.70New
- AU $11.50Used
- AU $23.89New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.87
- AU $18.58Trending at AU $23.75
- AU $16.73Trending at AU $18.72
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $77.71
- AU $78.87Trending at AU $90.07
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.10
- AU $21.56Trending at AU $22.55