All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a study of stalgia, belonging and community which provides a new theoretical framework for understanding retirement migration. Through a narrative approach, we follow the journeys of retired working-class British women as they seek, recreate and construct community in a new context while their experiences of belonging and n-belonging are unravelled.
- Author BiographyAnya Ahmed is Senior Lecturer in Social Policy at the University of Salford, UK, with a background in social policy and sociology. She researches and writes about economic, forced and lifestyle migration and the experiences of less heard groups in societies. She is interested in how constructions of different forms of belonging and community reflect social change and continuity.
- Author(s)Anya Ahmed
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Weight454 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.