All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, the third title in the Author's Retreat and Rearguard series, covers the actions of the BEF during the retreat from the Dyle Line to the evacuation points of Dunkirk, Boulogne, Calais, St Valery-en-Caux and finally the Cherbourg Peninsula. Some of the engagements are relatively well kwn (Cassell, the Arras counter-attack and the torious Le Paradis SS massacre) but the author has unearthed many less kwn engagements from the long and painful withdrawal. While the main Dunkirk evacuation from the port and beaches was over by early June, elements of the BEF fought on until 21 June. In relating those, often heroic, actions the author catches the atmosphere of desperate defiance that typified this never-to-be-forgotten period.
- Author BiographyJerry Murland has written twelve books for Pen and Sword and this is his third in the Retreat and Rearguard series. After following a successful career as a teacher he has devoted his time to researching and writing on the two world wars. His books include Retreat and Rearguard 1914, Battle on the Aisne 1914, Aristocrats Go to War, Retreat and Rearguard: Somme 1918 and Retreat and Rearguard: Dunkirk 1940.He has also co-authored the Battle Lines series of guidebooks with Jon Cooksey and is currently writing the Battleground Europe guide to Cassel and Hazebrouck.
- Author(s)Jerry Murland
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/03/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Military
- Content Note16pp B & W plates
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.