All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionThese poems-varying from narrative to imagist to lyrical-reflect the sodade of Cape Verdean culture that is shaped by separation and longing-longing for the home that has been left behind and for loved ones who have departed. Cape Verdean communities extend beyond national boundaries and are paradoxically independent of place, even when inspired by it. Return Flights marks a turning point for Cape Verdean American culture, one in which a partially forgotten past becomes a starting point for possible futures, both of new transoceanic contacts and of new reinventions of culture.
- Author BiographyJARITA DAVIS is a poet and fiction writer with a BA from Brown University and an MA and a PhD from the University of Louisiana, Lafayette. Her work has appeared in the Southwestern Review, Cave Canem Anthologies, Crab Orchard Review, Plainsongs, Tuesday: An Art Project, Verdad Magazine, and the Cape Cod Poetry Review. She lives and writes in West Falmouth, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Jarita Davis
- PublisherUniversity of Massachusetts Press
- Date of Publication28/04/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationAmherst
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Massachusetts Press
- Weight136 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.