All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe theology of Isaiah 40-55 has two seemingly contradictory aspects: the tension between the consolatory message of deliverance, and the harsh tone of accusation and the call to repentance. This study argues that such tension does t necessarily disclose a different authorship, but that it expresses the basic nature of the relationship between YHWH and the Israelites, in which the actions of YHWH and the actions of the people stand in a relationship of interdependence. Such interdependence is essential for the re-establishment and the continued existence of the relationship between YHWH and his people, as well as for shaping the identity of both the exiled and the n-exiled Israelite communities in the latter part of the sixth century B.C.E.
- Author BiographyBlazenka Scheuer, Lund, Schweden.
- Author(s)Blazenka Scheuer
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication01/11/2008
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleBeihefte zur Zeitschrift fur die Alttestamentliche Wissenschaft
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 377
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight398 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.