All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIbis Lezca lived a happy and comfortable life in beautiful Havana, Cuba. The daughter of a popular politician and a beautiful socialite mother, she wanted for thing. She married her sweetheart and had a son she named Raul, after her father. But soon Ibis's charmed existence darkened. Caught up in the thick of the Cuban Revolution, her family fled the country to avoid persecution under Fidel Castro's political regime. Ibis stayed behind in Cuba with her son and her husband, who was an ardent communist and Castro supporter. After several years separated from her parents and siblings, Ibis planned a solo trip to the United States to visit them-a trip that would change her destiny. Trapped in the United States by the Bay of Pigs invasion and the ensuing embargo, Ibis could t return to her beloved homeland-or to her son Raul. In order to carry on, she immersed herself fully in her American life, marrying an American man, starting a new family, and building a successful career. But t one day passed when she didn't think about Raul, left behind in Cuba, and wonder if she would ever see him again. Ibis's story richly captures an emigre's achievement of the American dream and her subsequent reconnection to the Cuban culture she thought she had lost long ago. It is a story of unwavering love, the power of family and cultural roots, and a quest to return to one's truest self-a story that will resonate with anyone who has ever been separated from a loved one, a homeland, or even their own identity.
- Author BiographyIbis Lezcano Kramer was born and raised in Havana, Cuba. In 1961, destiny brought her to the United States, where she has lived ever since. She spent over two decades in a successful career in cosmetics. She is also the author of a novel, Love, Destiny, and Gardenias. She currently lives in Florida.
- Author(s)Ibis Lezcano Kramer
- Date of Publication10/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.82Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.