All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMiddle-class, Jewish Hans finds himself charmed by Konradin, the young aristocrat in his class and they quickly become best friends. But it is 1932 and the boys live in a rapidly changing Germany. The rise of Hitler compromises their friendship irrevocably but their story does t truly end until after the war. Readers across the world have been devastated and moved by the shocking deuement of this beautiful and profound exploration of the nature of friendship and the impact of history on human relationships. Complete with a new introduction by Rachel Seiffert, bestselling author of The Dark Room.
- Author BiographyFred Uhlman, born in Stuttgart in 1901, claimed that his South-West German homeland of Wurttemberg, made him a romantic for life and formed the essence of his sensibilities as a poet. Understandable since it was also the home of Schiller, Holderlin, Morike, Weiland, Uhland, Schlegel, Hegel, Schelling and Herman Hesse. Uhlman's name is not out of place among these, and the beauty of that birthplace illuminates every line of his stunning fictional memoir Reunion. He died in 1985.
- Author(s)Fred Uhlman
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication21/08/1997
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Harvill Press
- Weight74 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Introduction byJean D'Ormesson
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.02
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.74
- AU $10.42Trending at AU $18.59
- AU $20.24Trending at AU $25.28
- AU $14.25Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $21.09Trending at AU $24.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.