Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionRoss Woodman's Sanity, Madness, Transformation was an adventurous exploration of the links between madness in Romantic writing and modern literary and psychoanalytic theory. Revelation and Kwledge picks up where his previous work left off by tracing the profound connections and gaps between religious and poetic faith in the works of the British Romantic poets. Woodman and Joel Faflak focus on the clash in these authors' works between depth psychology and mysticism in the context of post-Enlightenment crises of belief. They also delve into the treatment of revelation in Romantic poetry, expanding on the concept through nuanced examinations of specific Eastern and Western religious traditions. Revelation and Kwledge showcases Woodman's trademark ability to combine literary criticism with autobiography, resulting in a surprising work that is also uniquely daring.
- Author BiographyRoss Woodman is a professor emeritus in the Department of English at the University of Western Ontario. Joel Faflak is an associate professor in the Department of English at Western University.
- Author(s)Joel Faflak,Ross Woodman
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Weight580 g
- Width160 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.