All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReverie is a form of dreaming intended as a continuous process that takes place in sleep as well as in waking life. In analysis, the patient's communications can evoke images that will then be useful in the development of the analytic work. The salient feature of analytic listening is precisely this willingness to abandon oneself to reverie where previously unthought or unthinkable emotions are given the right to exist and circulate freely.In Reveries: An Unfettered Mind, Antoni Ferro, whose numerous clinical books have been translated into many languages, elaborates the reveries and daydreams that accompany him out of the consulting room. The result is a collection of short or t-so-short musings with surreal or even grotesque tones, and at times mocking and pointed aphorisms: vibrant pages with a life of their own, punctuated by subtle literary references to the likes of Rousseau, Baudelaire, Kafka, and Poe.
- Author BiographyAntonino Ferro is a Training and Supervising Analyst in the Italian Psychoanalytic Society, of which he is the President, the American Psychoanalytic Association, and the International Psychoanalytical Association. He has been a visiting professor of psychoanalysis in various institutions in Europe, North America, South America and Australia. He received the Sigourney Award in 2007.
- Author(s)Antonino Ferro
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication15/06/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleThe Karnac Library
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight272 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.