All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis classic in stochastic network modelling broke new ground when it was published in 1979, and it remains a superb introduction to reversibility and its applications. The book concerns behaviour in equilibrium of vector stochastic processes or stochastic networks. When a stochastic network is reversible its analysis is greatly simplified, and the first chapter is devoted to a discussion of the concept of reversibility. The rest of the book focuses on the various applications of reversibility and the extent to which the assumption of reversibility can be relaxed without destroying the associated tractability. Now back in print for a new generation, this book makes enjoyable reading for anyone interested in stochastic processes thanks to the author's clear and easy-to-read style. Elementary probability is the only prerequisite and exercises are interspersed throughout.
- Author BiographyF. P. Kelly is Professor of the Mathematics of Systems in the Statistical Laboratory, University of Cambridge.
- Author(s)F. P. Kelly
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2011
- Series TitleCambridge Mathematical Library
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note35 b/w illus. 270 exercises
- Weight350 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.