Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- Description2 During our formative years with Dr. Krebs at Davis, ed until the ER becomes substantially depleted of Ca +. California, we (c. and M. Brostrom) were imbued with For example, acute exposure of GH3 pituitary cells to 2 2 our continuing interest in the roles of Ca+ and cAMP in Ca+ iophore A23187 or EGTA has been found to re- biological control mechanisms. We remember our time sult in the inhibition of ami acid incorporation. disap- with Dr. Krebs with great affection both for his intense pearance of polysomal content with accumulation of interest and high standards in science and for his great mosomes and ribosomal subunits. sharp reduction of decency in the treatment of postdoctoral fellows. We the cellular content of 43S pre initiation complex. and have subsequently aspired, within the constraints of our the phosphorylation of elF-2ex and inhibition of eIF-2B ability, to pattern our behavior in accord with this expe- [15-17]. Neither translational elongation r peptide rience. Our current research involving the control of chain termination appeared to be affected in these ex- protein synthesis at mRNA translation embodies much periments, since average ribosomal transit times and the methionylation of tRNA;met were t altered. Ami of the familiar in protein phosphorylation with some new twists that we shall highlight in this article with our acid incorporation was unaffected during the period of 2 associate. Dr. Prostko. Ca+ release prior to suppression of initiation.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication03/03/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleDevelopments in Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight839 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJ.H.C. Wang,R.L. Khandelwal
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1993
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.