All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionDr. Phyllis Books has spent over twenty-five years disproving the idea that dyslexia is a permanent condition. Having worked with thousands of children, parents and teachers, she has shown that children labelled dyslexic can successfully overcome their learning disabilities. In her practice and lectures, she offers t only hope, but, also, the means for parents to see for themselves that change is possible. In this, her first book, Dr. Books presents an easy-to-understand guide to her methods and the combinations of therapies available to help children conquer dyslexia. REVERSING DYSLEXIA is divided into three Parts. Part I establishes the framework for determining the nature and cause of your child's problem and discusses the limitations of old style thinking about dyslexia. Dr. Books explains what dyslexia is and what it isn't and explores issues such as ADHD, dysgraphia, dyspraxia and autism spectrum disorders. She, also, offers insight into emotional side effects such as anxiety, low self-esteem, depression, anger and aggression. Part II explains how the brain works and how it affects learning and behaviour. It looks at why some of the current tried and true methods of treating dyslexia fail to affect it at the causal level and simply keep the problem alive. It then explores new alternative approaches and explains why they can work. Part III discusses what you can do at home to help your child. The author includes practical strategies and exercises that can yield immense changes in your child's attitude, ability to learn and level of self-confidence. This book is designed to help parents understand the cause of a child's problem and improve t only his ability to learn, but, also, his emotional health and well-being.
- Author BiographyPhyllis B. Books received her master's degree in education and interpersonal communication from the University of North Texas and a doctorate in chiropractic from Parker College in Dallas, Texas. She went on to become a qualified Clinical Nutritionist. Since 1986, she has specialized in paediatrics and learning differences. Dr. Books is a highly sought-after lecturer and work-shop teacher.
- Author(s)Phyllis Books
- PublisherSquare One Publishers
- Date of Publication30/08/2013
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationGarden City Park, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintSquare One Publishers
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.