All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.71
About this product
- DescriptionAfter the Reformation, science superseded both religion and literature as the favored source of kwledge. As people became free of a catechism of rote responses, they found the concept of self-determination both liberating and terrifying. Literature stepped in by providing examples of fictional characters that made choices in circumstances similar to the quandaries faced by readers_situations that could t be easily resolved by scripture alone.
- Author BiographyJoyce D. Brotton is associate professor of English at Northern Virginia Community College, where she teaches world literature, composition, and technical writing. She also serves as Program Head for English Adjunct Faculty and coordinates the Certificate in Professional Writing for the college.
- Author(s)Joyce D. Brotton
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication28/03/2006
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width145 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.