All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen God created life and crowned His creation by making mankind in His own image, He also did something with mankind He has never done with all the rest of His creation. God walked with man in the Garden of Eden. There was a special time of day for this walk-the cool of the day. In an environment that is increasingly hostile to Biblical truth, there is a need for understanding what it means to pray as taught by the Scriptures, as demonstrated in the Scriptures, characterized the ministry of Jesus Christ, and lived out in the history of the Christian Church. May we revisit Eden where once again we can walk with God in renewed fellowship and communion. When Adam sinned in Eden, satanic counterfeits were inaugurated. We propose to help familiarize the Christian believer with the counterfeits of prayer, especially those espoused by the influences of seducing spirits through the many deceptions of the postmodern- new age- emergent church cult. The counterfeits are presented in stark contrast to genuine Biblical prayer with a view to the Second Coming of Christ. The doctrines of the emergent church cult are predicated on a denial of the authenticity of the Scriptures, an advocacy of open theism, theistic evolutionism, a pantheistic and panentheistic view of Christ, a false eschatology, counterfeit praying methods keyed to Eastern mysticism, and so much else that is in stark contrast to the Christianity of the Scriptures. Even many evangelical leaders and whole deminations have fallen victim to these deceptions. The goal of this book is to help draw the reader back to the assurance of kwing Biblical truth about prayer so as to generate passion for a communion with God that is only possible through praying the Bible way. Shall we boldly approach the Throne of Grace and revisit Eden?
- Author BiographyJohn Edgar Henderson is retired and lives in Nashville, Tennessee in the house where he and his wife, Doris Jean, also retired, raised their four children and hosted several foster children and German exchange students. He has a Master of Arts degree in clinical and pastoral psychology from Middle Tennessee State University and Specialist in Education and Doctor of Education degrees in developmental counseling and organizational development and management from George Peabody College of Vanderbilt University. He acquired the nickname, Dr. Gran'pa, when he taught at Pioneer Christian Academy, Nashville, Tennessee. The school was attended at the same time by seven of his and Doris Jean's grandchildren. Since students were required to address faculty and staff by title and, since the greeting of Gran'pa was frequently heard about the campus from the seven grandchildren, the students started calling him Dr. Gran'pa. It stuck when the other faculty and staff picked up on it as well. Trained in organizational management and psychotherapy, John has been involved in various related functions. He founded and managed Cornerstone Ministries in Nashville, Tennessee. John also developed and managed rehabilitation and family services for several Salvation Army programs, has worked as a psychological therapist in several environments, often focusing on alcohol and drug addiction recovery as well as personal and family needs; and has functioned as a consultant for anticipated rehabilitation programs for agencies in Middle Tennessee, Eastern Kentucky, and upper New York state. He served on a Tennessee state certification board for alcohol and drug counselors and was involved in writing state certification standards for counselors and social workers. He has pastored small churches and home mission churches in the Wesleyan Methodist Church and the Church of the Nazarene and is an ordained elder in the Church of the Nazarene.
- Author(s)Dr John Edgar Henderson,John Edgar Henderson
- Date of Publication14/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.