All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is aimed at the beginner sewer who wants to make soft furnishings for the home with a minimum of skill and on a slim budget. A series of projects progressing in difficulty guides the reader through basic skills and techniques, starting with simple cushions, and moving up through throws and bedspreads, basic curtains, blinds and tablecloths into easy upholstery such as sofa and armchair covers, and screens. The projects require a basic sewing machine but particular experience or previous skill. The idea is to recycle and renew, creating lovely new things for the house from old clothes, curtains, sheets or skirts, by cutting them up, combining and restructuring them or embellishing them with new materials and trimmings. Projects take approximately a weekend and can be done cheaply with the emphasis on personalising and creating something unique. A new technique will be introduced into each project such as beading, making trimmings and simple print techniques, as well as an optional extra idea for embellishing at the end for the more adventurous.
- Author BiographyJaqueline Mulvaney is an artist who makes a range of things from skirts to head pieces, cushions and curtains. She shows her work at professional craft fairs and has created work for The Conran Shop, Harvey Nicholls and Bergdorf Goodman. She is also responsible for all the artwork and interior textiles at Mao Tai restaurant in London. Jacqueline taught at Higher Education level for 10 years before setting up her own fashion label which is now sold internationally, particularly in America. She is currently working on a retail web shop, which is a step towards opening her own shop in the future.
- Author(s)Jacqueline Mulvaney
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/05/2010
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content NoteApprox. 130
- Weight413 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.