All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReaders of <i>If I Stay</i> and Elizabeth George will love <i>Revolution </i>by Jennifer Donnelly, author of the award-winning vel <i>A Northern Light</i>. <i>Revolution </i>artfully weaves two girls stories into one unforgettable account of life, loss, and enduring love.<i> Revolution</i> spans centuries and vividly depicts the eternal struggles of the human heart. Andi Alpers is on the edge. She s angry at her father for leaving, angry at her mother for t being able to cope, and heartbroken by the loss of her younger brother, Truman. Rage and grief are destroying her. And her father has determined that accompanying him to Paris for winter break is the solution for everything. But Paris is a city of ghosts for Andi. And when she finds a centuries-old diary, the ghosts begin to walk off the page. Alexandrine, the owner of the journal, lived during the French Revolution. She s angry too. It s the same fire that consumes Andi, and Andi finds comfort in it until, on a midnight journey through the catacombs, words transcend paper and time, and the past becomes terrifyingly present. <b>Praise for <i>Revolution</i></b> An ABA Indies Choice Young Adult Book of the Year An ALA-YALSA Top Ten Best Book for Young Adults A<i> Kirkus Reviews</i> Best Book A #1 <i>Indiebound</i> Selection A <i>School Library Journal</i> Best Book of the Year A <i>Bulletin </i>Blue Ribbon Book A Chicago Public Library Best of the Best Book An Amazon.com Best Book of the Year <b>A sumptuous feast of a vel, rich in mood, character, and emotion.</b><i>SLJ</i>, Starred Review <b>Every detail is meticulously inscribed into a multi-layered narrative that is as wise, honest, and moving as it is cunningly worked.</b> Readers . . . will find this brilliantly crafted work utterly absorbing. <i>The Bulletin</i>, Starred Review <b>Brilliantly realized, complete, and complex. The vel is rich with detail, and both</b> the Brooklyn and Paris settings provide important grounding for the <b>haunting and beautifully told story.</b><i>Kirkus Reviews</i>, Starred Review
- Author BiographyJennifer Donnelly is the author of three adult novels, <i>The Tea Rose</i>, <i>The Winter Rose</i>, and <i>The Wild Rose</i>, as well as the young adult novels <i>These Shallow Graves</i>, <i>Revolution</i>, and <i>A Northern Light</i>, winner of Britain's prestigious Carnegie Medal, the <i>L.A. Times</i> Book Prize for Young Adult Literature, and a Michael L. Printz Honor Book Award. She lives and writes full-time in upstate New York. You can visit her at jenniferdonnelly.com or find @JenWritesBooks on Twitter.
- Author(s)Jennifer Donnelly
- Date of Publication26/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight417 g
- Width142 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.