All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEgypt's January 25 revolution was triggered by a Facebook page and played out both in virtual spaces and the streets. Social media serves as a space of liberation, but it also functions as an arena where competing forces vie over the minds of the young as they battle over ideas as important as the nature of freedom and the place of the rising generation in the political order. This book provides piercing insights into the ongoing struggles between people and power in the digital age.
- Author BiographyLinda Herrerais a social anthropologist (PhD Columbia University) with regional specialization in the Middle East and North Africa. She lived in Egypt for seventeen years where she worked in the areas of the politics of education and international development policy. She is currently Associate Professor in the Department of Education Policy, Organization, and Leadership at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and a core faculty member in the Global Studies in Education progam.
- Author(s)Senior Lecturer International Development Studies Linda Herrera
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight318 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.