All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.91
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.25
- AU $11.61Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $18.60Trending at AU $25.33
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $45.08
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $38.07
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionNo part of the country was more contested during the American Revolution than the Hudson River. In 1776, King George III sent the largest amphibious force ever assembled to seize Manhattan and use it as a base from which to push up the Hudson River Valley for a rendezvous at Albany with an impressive army driving down from Canada. George Washington and other patriot leaders shared the king's fixation with the Hudson. In fact, one of the few things that scholars have agreed upon is that the British strategy, though disastrously executed, should have been effective. Until w, one has argued that this plan of action was lunacy from the start.Revolution on the Hudsonmakes the bold new argument that Britain's attempt to cut off New England never would have worked, and ultimately cost the crown her colonies. It unpacks intricate military maneuvers, introduces the personalities presiding over each side's strategy, and reinterprets the vagaries of colonial politics to offer a thrilling response to one of our most vexing historical questions: How could a fledgling nation have defeated the most powerful war machine of the era?
- Author BiographyGeorge C. Daughanholds a PhD from Harvard University, where he studied under Henry Kissinger. His books If By Sea and 1812: The Navy s War won the Samuel Eliot Morison Award. He lives in New Hampshire.
- Author(s)George C Daughan
- PublisherHighBridge Audio
- Date of Publication14/06/2016
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHighBridge Audio
- Weight227 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Narrator(s)Jonathan Yen
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time840
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.