Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $158.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $219.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a new edition of a book widely regarded as a classic in the field. Written by one of the leading authorities on the social history of Europe's revolutionary age, George Rude's beautifully written masterpiece provides an account of Europe before the great upheaval, outlining both the course of the Revolution in France and Napoleon's rule, and tracing their impact and influence on Europe. Highlighting the social and ecomic aspects of this exciting period, Rude vividly brings to life many of the key issues that have fascinated historians since the fall of the Bastille.George Rude died in 1993 and for this edition his literary executor, the rewned historiographer Harvey J. Kaye, has written an extensive introduction examining Rude's life and works. Now revised and with an updated list of additional readings, this new edition of Revolutionary Europe will continue to be welcomed and enjoyed by a new generation of historians.
- Author BiographyAt the time of his death in 1993, George Rude was Emeritus Professor of History at Concordia University, Montreal where he had worked since 1970. Previously he had taught at various schools in England and had been Professor of History at the University of Adelaide and at Flinders University. His publications include The Crowd in the French Revolution (1959), Hanoverian London 1714-1808 (1972), Europe in the Eighteenth Century (1972), Debate on Europe 1815-1850 (1972), Ideology and Popular Protest (1980), The French Revolution (1994), and The Crowd in History (1995). Harvey J. Kaye is Ben and Joyce Rosenberg Professor of Social Change and Development, Director of the Center for History and Social Change at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, and executor of the George RudU Literary Estate. His previous books include Why Do Ruling Classes Fear History? and Other Questions (1996), The Powers of the Past (1992) and The British Marxist Historians (1995).
- Author(s)George Rude
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication03/11/2000
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleBlackwell Classic Histories of Europe S.
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight560 g
- Width160 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.