All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs restless, reckless, and precise as the Colt revolver for which it is named, Robyn Schiff's Revolver 'repeats fire without reloading' as it reckons with the array of foreboding objects displayed at the Great Exhibition of 1851 and the traces of their ghosts one hundred years later.A dirge on the Singer Sewing Machine, an exuberant and unnerving rumination on multipurpose campaign furniture, and a breathless account of Ralph Lauren's silver Porsche 550 Spyder are among the collection's exhilarating corporate histories, urgent fantasias, and agonizing love poems. The long, lavish, and utterly unpredictable sentences that Schiff has assembled contort as much to discover what can't be contained as what can.This is a book of extremes relentlessly contemporary in scope. And like the eighty-blade sportsman's knife also described here, Revolver keeps opening and reopening to the daunting possibilities of transformation - 'Splayed it is a bouquet of all the ways a point mutates.'
- Author BiographyRobyn Schiff is the author of Worth (IOWA, 2002). She is an associate professor at the University of Iowa, where she is the director of the undergraduate creative writing program. She also coedits Canarium Books.
- Author(s)Robyn Schiff
- PublisherUniversity of Iowa Press
- Date of Publication15/11/2008
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleKuhl House Poets
- Place of PublicationIowa
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Iowa Press
- Weight159 g
- Width156 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Series Edited byMark Levine,Ben Doller
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.