Rewire Your Brain: Think Your Way to a Better Life by John B. Arden (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow to rewire your brain to improve virtually every aspect of your life-based on the latest research in neuroscience and psychology on neuroplasticity and evidence-based practices Not long ago, it was thought that the brain you were born with was the brain you would die with, and that the brain cells you had at birth were the most you would ever possess. Your brain was thought to be hardwired to function in predetermined ways. It turns out that's t true. Your brain is t hardwired, it's softwired by experience. This book shows you how you can rewire parts of the brain to feel more positive about your life, remain calm during stressful times, and improve your social relationships. Written by a leader in the field of Brain-Based Therapy, it teaches you how to activate the parts of your brain that have been underactivated and calm down those areas that have been hyperactivated so that you feel positive about your life and remain calm during stressful times. You will also learn to improve your memory, boost your mood, have better relationships, and get a good night sleep.* Reveals how cutting-edge developments in neuroscience, and evidence-based practices can be used to improve your everyday life* Other titles by Dr. Arden include: Brain-Based Therapy-Adult, Brain-Based Therapy-Child, Improving Your Memory For Dummies and Heal Your Anxiety Workbook* Dr. Arden is a leader in integrating the new developments in neuroscience with psychotherapy and Director of Training in Mental Health for Kaiser Permanente for the Northern California Region Explaining exciting new developments in neuroscience and their applications to daily living, Rewire Your Brain will guide you through the process of changing your brain so you can change your life and be free of self-imposed limitations.
- Author BiographyJOHN B. ARDEN, Ph.D., is the author or coauthor of eleven other books, including Brain-Based Therapy with Adults and Brain-Based Therapy with Children and Adolescents (with Lloyd Linford ), Improving Your Memory For Dummies, Conquering Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (with Victoria Beckner), Consciousness, Dreams, and Self: A Transdisciplinary Approach, and The Heal Your Anxiety Workbook. He is Director of Training in Mental Health for Kaiser Permanente in Northern California where he oversees training in twenty-four medical centers, and where over a hundred postdoctoral residents and interns are trained each year.
- Author(s)John B. Arden
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication19/03/2010
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJossey Bass Wiley
- Weight308 g
- Width154 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.