Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.18Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCyberpunk is dead. The revolution has been co-opted by half-assed heroes, overclocked CGI, and tricked-out shades. Once radical, cyberpunk is w thing more than a brand. Time to stop flipping the channel. These sixteen extreme stories reveal a government ninja routed by a bicycle repairman, the inventor of digitized paper hijacked by his college crush, a dead boy trapped in a warped storybook paradise, and the queen of England attacked with the deadliest of forbidden techlogy: a working modem. You'll meet Manfred Macx, renegade meme-broker, Red Sonja, virtual reality sex-goddess, and Felix, humble sys-admin and post-apocalyptic hero. Editors James Patrick Kelly and John Kessel (Feeling Very Strange: The Slipstream Anthology) have united cyberpunk visionaries William Gibson, Bruce Sterling, and Pat Cadigan with the new post-cyberpunk vanguard, including Cory Doctorow, Charles Stross, and Jonathan Lethem. Including a can-establishing introduction and excerpts from a hotly contested online debate, Rewired is the first anthology to define and capture the crackling excitement of the post-cyberpunks. From the grittiness of Mirrorshades to the Singularity and beyond, it's time to revive the revolution.
- Author BiographyJames Patrick Kelly is the Hugo, Nebula, and Italia award--winning author of Burn, Think Like a Dinosaur, and Wildlife. He is a member of the faculty of the Stonecoast Creative Writing MFA Program at the University of Southern Maine. He has co-edited a series of anthologies with John Kessel, described by the Encyclopedia of Science Fiction as each surveying with balance and care a potentially disputed territory within the field. Kelly is the technology columnist for Asimov's Science Fiction magazine and the publisher of the e-book 'zine Strangeways. John Kessel is a Nebula, Sturgeon, and Locus award winner and the author of Corrupting Dr. Nice, Good News From Outer Space, and The Pure Product. He teaches courses in science fiction, fantasy, and fiction writing at North Carolina State University. His criticism has appeared in Foundation, the Los Angeles Times Book Review, the New York Review of Science Fiction, and Science Fiction Age.
- PublisherTachyon Publications
- Date of Publication01/10/2007
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTachyon Publications
- Weight485 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byJames Patrick Kelly,John Kessel
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $31.03New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.36New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $109.48New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $31.03
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.36
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.47
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.21
- AU $10.58Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $17.98Trending at AU $20.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.