All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionA new political order is transforming the nature of work in advanced industrialised countries. What does this mean for the nexus of education and work? How does it affect the idea of vocation, the reality of lifelong learning, the concept of employability, and the future of vocational education and training? This volume analyses the foundations of this transformation featuring globalisation and individualisation. It offers an analysis of the shifting terrain of governance and policy and their impact on the field of vocational education. With contributions from scholars located in Europe as well as in Australia and the USA, it provides an understanding of a number of important educational policy topics, including changing social and cultural conditions of labour, migration, an aging populace and the spread of cross-national discourses. Additional chapters tackle the concepts of employability, gender, earning and lifelong learning and examine their relation to policies, practices, theory and research in vocational education.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Anja Heikkinen is a professor of lifelong learning and education at the University of Tampere, Finland. Her research interests include: the relationship between education, work and politics; the history and philosophy of vocational education; the impact of culture and gender on vocational education; and cross-cultural collaboration and practice. Katrin Kraus is a senior research associate and lecturer at the Institute of Upper Secondary and Vocational Education at the University of Zurich. Her research interests include: vocational education, social change and Europeanization; theories and concepts of earning oriented pedagogy, e.g. vocation/Beruf, employability, competence; theory of social space; and comparative, discourse and policy analyses.
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- Series TitleStudies in Vocational and Continuing Education
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Content Note10, 10 tables and graphs
- Weight350 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byAnja Heikkinen,Katrin Kraus
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.