Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionRex Conway's first book, Rex Conway's Steam Album, was a wonderful miscellany of images that introduced a remarkable archive of railway photographs. This book takes the reader on a steam-hauled journey on the Southern Region throughout its journey around south-eastern England. Starting at Victoria in London during the golden age of steam, we encounter places such as Portsmouth, Brighton, Eastbourne, Folkestone, Ramsgate, Ashford and the Thames Estuary, with many diversions along the way. One of a series of books exploring each of the BR regions, this book is a must-have for anyone interested in the good old days of steam sadly longer seen. All the photographs featured in this book have been specially selected from Rex's phemenal collection of over 65,000 images and the book is sure to appeal to railway enthusiasts far and wide.
- Author BiographyRex Conway worked on the Bristol Evening Post for a number of years before becoming a freelance photographer. He wrote three railway books in the mid-1970s and is again turning his attention to producing stunning new titles.
- Author(s)Rex Conway
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight630 g
- Width180 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.