Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThere are many stories featuring the villaius hero Reynard the Fox in many languages told over many centuries, goingback as far as the early 12th century. All these stories are comic and much of the humour depends on parody and satire resulting in mockery, sometimes the subversion of certain kinds of serious literature, of political and religious institutions and practices, of scholarly argument and moralizing, and of popular beliefs and customs. The contributors to this volume, all of them experts in one or more of the Reynard stories and their backgrounds, focus on the transformation of these tales through various media and to what extent they reflect differences in the cultural, class, and generational background of their tellers.
- Author BiographyKenneth Varty is Professor Emeritus and Honorary Professorial Research Fellow at the University of Glasgow. He is the Founder and first President of the International Reynard Society (and currently its Honorary President) and founder and Chairman ofthe editorial board of Reinardus, its yearbook. He has also been Vice-President of the British Branch of the International Arthurian Society since 1977.
- PublisherBerghahn Books, Incorporated
- Date of Publication02/12/2003
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePolygons
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Place of PublicationHerndon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBerghahn Books, Incorporated
- Content Noteillustrations
- Edited byKenneth Varty
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.