All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPolysaccharide Systems are of interest to a wide range of scientists and techlogists, because of their special rheological properties. This book brings together research from all relevant disciplines to provide a link between rheological theory and industrial applications. The book begins with a comprehensive survey of the structure of polysaccharides, from molecular conformations in the solid state to supramolecular structures in solutions and gels. Chaper 2 reviews the main applications of polysaccharides in industry as specialty chemicals. The third chapter draws together the basic concepts of rheology and the different approaches to the modeling of rheological behaviors. Chapter 4 deals with the rheology of polysaccharide systems in detail and the final chapter is concerned with experimental measurements and instrumentation. Recommendations are made for the choice of suitable instruments and correct treatment of data. This is an essential reference source for chemical engineers, chemists and techlogists, in the food, pharmaceutical, biomedical, textile, coatings and cosmetic industries. It will also be of value to academics researching in these areas.
- Author(s)R. Lapasin,S. Pricl
- PublisherAspen Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/04/1999
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAspen Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1067 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.