All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRhetorical Figures in Science breaks new ground in the rhetorical study of scientific argument as the first book to demonstrate how figures of speech other than metaphor have been used to accomplish key conceptual moves in scientific texts. Examples, both verbal and visual, range across disciplines and centuries to reaffirm the positive value of these once widely-taught devices.
- Author BiographyJeanne Fahnestock is Professor of English at the University of Maryland. She is the author of Rhetorical Figures in Science and co-author of A Rhetoric of Argument.
- Author(s)Jeanne Fahnestock
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2003
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2003
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note3 halftones, & 10 line illus
- Weight385 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.