Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis title includes electric discussions of the interplay between techlogical invation and communication. Recognizing an increasingly techlogical context for rhetorical activity, the thirteen contributors to this volume illuminate the challenges and opportunities inherent in successfully navigating intersections between rhetoric and techlogy in existing and emergent literacy practices. Edited by Stuart A. Selber, Rhetorics and Techlogies positions techlogy as an inevitable aspect of the rhetorical situation and as a potent force in writing and communication activities. Taking a broad approach, this volume is t limited to discussion of particular techlogical systems (such as new media or wikis) or rhetorical contexts (such as invention or ethics). The essays instead offer a comprehensive treatment of the rhetoric-techlogy nexus. The book's first section considers the ways in which the social and material realities of using techlogy to support writing and communication activities have altered the borders and boundaries of rhetorical studies. The second section explores the discourse practices employed by users, designers, and scholars of techlogy when communicating in techlogical contexts. In the final section, projects and endeavors that illuminate the ways in which discourse activities can evolve to reflect emerging sociopolitical realties, techlogies, and educational issues are examined. The resulting text bridges past and future by offering new understandings of traditional cans of rhetoric - invention, arrangement, style, memory, and delivery - as they present themselves in techlogical contexts without discarding the rich history of the field before the advent of these techlogical invations.
- Author BiographyStuart A. Selber is an associate professor of English at Pennsylvania State University. Selber is the author of Multiliteracies for a Digital Age and coeditor of Central Works in Technical Communication. He is a past president of the Association of Teachers of Technical Writing and a past president of the Council for Programs in Technical and Scientific Communication.
- PublisherUniversity of South Carolina Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2010
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleStudies in Rhetoric/Communication
- Place of PublicationSouth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of South Carolina Press
- Content Note37 illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byStuart A. Selber
- Series Edited byThomas W. Benson
- Foreword byCarolyn R. Miller
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.