All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume explores the techlogical improvements in protein engineering, expression, purification, and crystallization of several rhodopsin photoactive intermediates, thus increasing our understanding of rhodopsin activation. The first chapters of the book focus on methods developed to study fundamentals of rhodopsin structure and function, starting with improved purification protocols of native and mutated rhodopsin, followed by methods used for rhodopsin reconstitution into lipid bilayers stabilizing rhodopsin function properties, and finally describing recently developed methods to study structural dynamics of rhodopsin activation and its mechanistic properties. Subsequently, chapters underline various techniques that have been developed to visualize the rhodopsin dimer and to study its functional significance. The next few chapters highlight cutting-edge imaging techniques of photoreceptors, rhodopsin trafficking, and its diffusion within signaling membranes. Finally the book concludes with recent developments that could be potentially beneficial in patient treatments, and treatment strategies for retinal degenerative diseases. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, the chapters include the kind of detailed description and implementation advice that is crucial for getting optimal results in the laboratory. Timely and practical, Rhodopsin: Methods and Protocols reaches out to researchers and health practitioners, and provides timely protocol useful for studying structural and functional properties of rhodopsin.
- Author BiographyBeata Jastrzebska, Ph.D. Department of Pharmacology, W317 Case Western Reserve University 10900 Euclid Avenue Cleveland, OH 44106-4965
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication20/02/2015
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number1271
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note23 black & white illustrations, 71 colour illustrations, 15 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1068 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byBeata Jastrzebska
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.