All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionHere at last is a theoretically sound, delightfully readable alternative to commercial phonics kits. Rhymes & Reasons is a smart, up-to-date, all-in-one guide to phological awareness-what it is, what it isn't, and the best practices for teaching it. Most important, it spotlights the best of recently published children's literature that can be used to foster children's understanding of phological awareness in enjoyable and meaningful contexts. My goal says author Michael Opitz, is to provide a resource for busy teachers to access quality literature and provide kid-tested, practical suggestions that will engage children and further finesse their phological awareness. In clear and accessible prose, he explains the differences between phological awareness, phonemic awareness, and phonics. All sorts of language play are explored-assonance, rhyme, rhythm, phoneme substitution, alliteration, and more-as Opitz provides detailed suggestions for teaching these features. The most valued feature of the book is certain to be the extensively antated treasury of current children's literature. More than 350 books are listed, all carefully selected according to the following criteria:
- All books feature some sort of language play.
- Each book lends itself to further language-exploration activities and book extension ideas.
- Content is appropriate for primary grade-level readers-both in terms of ideas and language.
- Book choices can be read aloud.
- All are authentic texts (i.e., written from a literary as opposed to pedagogical standpoint).
- All can be purchased in a bookstore or found in local libraries.
- Author(s)Michael F. Opitz
- PublisherHeinemann USA
- Date of Publication03/03/2000
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationPortsmouth
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinemann Educational Books,U.S.
- Weight245 g
- Width163 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.