All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume represents an interdisciplinary approach to an understanding of the chemistry, physiology, and medical significance of the vitamin riboflavin. Information has been reviewed on the physiological role of the vitamin, the metabolic effects of riboflavin deficiency in animals and man, and the regulation of riboflavin metabolism. In each chapter early background material has been included, but the major emphasis has been on the many recent advances that have been made. The early chapters of the book are concerned with the physical and chemical properties of riboflavin and its coenzyme derivatives and the nature of the interactions between flavoprotein apoenzymes and their coenzymes. The various methods currently available for measuring f1avins in biological tissues, particularly in man, have been described in detail, together with newer procedures that appear to have certain advantages over existing techniques. Chapters dealing with the absorption, excretion, and metabolism of riboflavin provide basic data on the processes involved in vitamin uptake and in metabolic transformations.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication13/10/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight688 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byRichard Rivlin
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.