All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor nearly sixty years, Richard Artschwager (b. 1923) has undertaken an unrelenting investigation of art's ability to mediate contemporary experience and perception. Although his work, which includes sculpture, painting, prints, and drawing, is often characterized as having elements of Pop Art, Minimalism, and Conceptual Art, his practice defies easy categorization and his oeuvre is t entirely understood. In Richard Artschwager! the breadth of the artist's idealistic, diverse work, and unconventional materials, such as Formica, rubberized hair, and Celotex, is fully illustrated and explored for the first time. The four essays in this volume illuminate previously unaddressed aspects of Artschwager's work, including his response to life in the age of mechanical reproduction, the relationship of his work to mainstream art, and his recent work's connection with Post-Impressionism. These texts, along with new photographs, previously unpublished archival images, and details of his materials, offer a compelling new look at one of the most singular artists of the 20th century and why he remains a highly influential figure today.
- Author BiographyJennifer R. Gross is Seymour H. Knox, Jr., Curator of Modern and Contemporary Art at Yale University Art Gallery.
- Author(s)Jennifer R. Gross
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication16/10/2012
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleWhitney Museum of American Art
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note190 colour images + 20 black-&-white illustrations
- Weight1814 g
- Width241 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.