All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy the time of Richard Parkes Bonington's tragic death from tuberculosis in 1828, the 25-year-old artist, who was born in England and moved to France as a teenager, was already a seminal figure in the development of modernism in 19th-century French painting. This catalogue raisonne of his drawings serves as a companion to Patrick Noon's Richard Parkes Bonington: The Complete Paintings and represents the next stage in his objective to present the artist's complete kwn oeuvre. Drawing on more than 25 years of research, Noon catalogues, analyzes, and reproduces more than 400 drawings w indisputably attributed to Bonington. This is the first time many of these exquisite works are appearing in print, among them drawings composed during an 1826 trip through Switzerland and rthern Italy.
- Author BiographyPatrick Noon is Patrick and Aimee Butler Chair of Paintings, Minneapolis Institute of Arts. He was previously Curator of Prints, Drawings and Rare Books at the Yale Center for British Art.
- Author(s)Patrick Noon
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication04/11/2011
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleThe Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note400 black-&-white illustrations
- Weight1746 g
- Width246 mm
- Height330 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.