All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn African American fiction, Richard Wright was one of the most significant and influential authors of the twentieth century. Richard Wright in a Post-Racial Imaginary analyses Wright's work in relation to contemporary racial and social issues, bringing voices of established and emergent Wright scholars into dialogue with each other. The essays in this volume show how Wright's best work asks central questions about national alienation as well as about international belonging and the trans-national gaze. Race is here assumed as a superimposed category, rather than a biological reality, in keeping with recent trends in African-American studies. Wright's fiction and almost all of his n-fiction lift beyond the mainstays of African-American culture to explore the potentialities and limits of black trans-nationalism. Wright's trans-native status, his perpetual outsidedness mixed with the essential humanness of his activist and literary efforts are at the core of the invative approaches to his work included here.
- Author BiographyWilliam Dow is Professor of American Literature at Universite Paris-Est (UPEM), France, and Adjunct Professor of English at the American University of Paris. His previous publications include, as co-editor, Richard Wright: New Readings in the 21st Century (2011). He is an Associate Editor of Literary Journalism Studies. Alice Craven is Associate Professor in the Departments of English and Comparative Literature and Film Studies at American University of Paris, France, and Directeur de theses, Master program, in the Department of English at Institut Catholique de Paris, France. She is co-editor of Richard Wright: New Readings in the 21st Century (2011). Yoko Nakamura is a graduate student at the University of Iowa, USA.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Date of Publication25/02/2016
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic USA
- Weight423 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byProfessor Alice Mikal Craven,William Dow,Yoko Nakamura
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.21Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.