All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis luxurious large-format book documents the work of the American designer Rick Owens, a transformational figure in contemporary fashion. Defiantly antifashion, Rick Owens's honest and intensely personal approach to craft has ironically produced some of the most sublime fashion of the last two decades, propelling him to the front ranks of the international avant-garde.Established in 1994, Owens's subversive designs have w become some of the most critically admired in the Paris collections. Distinguished by an aesthetic that the designer has himself described as grunge meets glamour, this gritty elegance-tempered by a remarkable restraint-has won him a fanatical international following, with admirers ranging from Kate Moss to Courtney Love to Terence Koh. Debuting in New York in 2002 and relocating to Paris the following year, Owens cultivates an elusive appeal-without any express advertising-that has developed into something like an empire. Designed by Owens himself, this volume is full of monumental images detailing all aspects of the designer's work and sensibility. The visual narrative of this book provides an instructive look at the process of design from an artist who is at once comfortable with invation and respectful of traditional approaches.
- Author BiographyRick Owens is a designer and winner of the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Award. Maria Luisa Frisa is fashion curator of the Pitti Discovery Foundation in Florence and teaches at the IUAV University in Venice. Francesco Bonami is a curator, writer, and critic. Olivier Zahm co-founded Purple magazine.
- Author(s)Rick Owens
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- LanguageEnglish & French
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note300 Colour
- Weight4776 g
- Width313 mm
- Height468 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.