Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.80+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by rarewaves-outlet
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $29.66Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
Save on a similar product
Shop a related product
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey is an ambitious journey, avoiding the beaten track and tourist hot-spots, in search of the authentic food of Southeast Asia. In this accompanying book to the major BBC series, Rick shares his favourite recipes and some well-kwn classic dishes inspired by the fragrant ingredients and recipes he sampled from local chefs, family-run restaurants, street vendors and market stalls. In Cambodia, Rick learns how to make a national dish Samlor kako, a stir-fried pork and vegetable soup flavoured with an array of spices; in Vietnam he is shown the best recipe for Pho Bo, a Vietnamese beef odle soup; and in Thailand, Rick tries Geng Leuong Sai Gung Lai Sai Bua, a yellow curry made with prawns and lotus shoots that you won't find outside the country. Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey includes over 150 new recipes from Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Malaysia and Bali each complemented by Rick's colourful anecdotes from the trip and beautiful on-location photography. This is a visually-stunning culinary tribute to Southeast Asian cooking that evokes the magic of bustling markets, the sizzle of oil and the aromatic steam from a Far Eastern kitchen.
- Author BiographyRick Stein is a well-loved and respected chef, TV presenter and author who has produced an array of award-winning books and television series, including Rick Stein's Seafood, Seafood Lover's Guide, Taste of the Sea, Food Heroes, French Odyssey, Mediterranean Escapes and most recently Coast to Coast. All of his books and programmes show a commitment to good-quality produce, sustainable fishing and good husbandry. Rick owns four restaurants, a delicatessen, a patisserie, a seafood cookery school and forty guest bedrooms in the small fishing port of Padstow, Cornwall. In 2003, Rick was awarded an OBE for services to West Country Tourism. He divides his time between Padstow and Australia, which he regards as his second home.
- Author(s)Rick Stein
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication23/07/2009
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1186 g
- Width199 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine27 mm
Most relevant reviews
- petrelcove11 Jun, 2015by
Another of Rick Stein's Flavoursome Treks
Rick certainly knows how to take one's palate through an Odyssey of flavours and Countries. Another one of Rick Stein's very well compiled Cookbooks for my library, can't wait until next book is released.
- smithmdj28 Jan, 2012by
A great book to have for the recipes and about Rick Stein.
Watched TV series and wanted to buy the book.Very informative, includes many of the recipes that were in the tv series.If you like Rick Stein you will thoroughly enjoy the book.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.91Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.60Trending at AU $37.24