All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $28.45Free postage
- AU $31.30Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionYou can count on Rick Steves to tell you what you really need to kw when traveling in Provence and the French Riviera. In this guide, you'll find a dazzling mix of enjoyable cities, warm stone villages, Roman ruins, and breathtaking coastline. Experience Roman history with self-guided tours of the Pont du Gard aqueduct, Roman theater in Orange, and Arena in Arles. Explore sun-soaked Riviera beaches and resort towns, from cosmopolitan Nice to colorful Villefranche-sur-Mer. Get inspired by artistic masterpieces by Reir, Matisse, Picasso, and Chagall. After a day of sightseeing, relax at a cafe with a view, dive into a bowl of bouillabaisse, and watch fishermen return to the harbor. Rick's candid, humorous advice will guide you to good-value hotels and restaurants. You'll learn which sights are worth your time and money, and how to get around by train, bus, car, or boat. More than just reviews and directions, a Rick Steves guidebook is a tour guide in your pocket.
- Author BiographyRick Steves has spent 100 days every year since 1973 exploring Europe. Rick produces a public television series (Rick Steves' Europe), a public radio show (Travel with Rick Steves), and an app and podcast (Rick Steves Audio Europe); writes a bestselling series of guidebooks and a nationally syndicated newspaper column; organizes guided tours that take thousands of travelers to Europe annually; and offers an information-packed website (RickSteves.com). With the help of his hardworking staff of 80 at Europe Through the Back Door--in Edmonds, Washington, just north of Seattle--Rick's mission is to make European travel fun, affordable, and culturally broadening for Americans. Steve Smith manages tour planning for Rick Steves' Europe Through the Back Door and has been researching guidebooks with Rick for two decades. Fluent in French, he's lived in France on several occasions, starting when he was seven, and has traveled there annually since 1986. Steve's wife, who is an expert on French cuisine and wine, provides invaluable contributions to his books, as do his two children.
- Author(s)Rick Steves,Steve Smith
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication10/12/2015
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleRick Steves
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Content NoteColor and B&W photos, maps throughout
- Weight408 g
- Width114 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $84.65
- AU $25.54Trending at AU $39.71
- AU $40.28Trending at AU $43.42
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.61
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.94
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $21.83
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $15.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.