All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionTravel connects people with people. It helps us fit more comfortably and compatibly into a shrinking world, and it inspires creative new solutions to persistent problems facing our nation. We can't understand our world without experiencing it. Rick Steves Travel as a Political Act helps us take that first step. There's more to travel than good-value hotels, great art, and tasty cuisine. Americans who travel as a political act can have the time of their lives and come home smarter--with a better understanding of the interconnectedness of today's world and just how our nation fits in. In the second edition of this award-winning book, acclaimed travel writer Rick Steves explains how to travel more thoughtfully--to any destination. With updated information on Europe, Central America, and Asia; an expanded discussion of the Middle East; and a brand-new chapter on the Holy Land that covers Israelis and Palestinians today, Rick shows readers how his travels have shaped his politics and broadened his perspective. The royalties from the sale of this edition will be donated by Rick Steves to Bread for the World, a Christian organization working to end hunger around the world.
- Author BiographyRick Steves has spent 100 days every year since 1973 exploring Europe. Rick produces a public television series (Rick Steves Europe), a public radio show (Travel with Rick Steves), and an app and podcast (Rick Steves Audio Europe); writes a bestselling series of guidebooks and a nationally syndicated newspaper column; organizes guided tours that take thousands of travelers to Europe annually; and offers an information-packed website (RickSteves.com). With the help of his hardworking staff of 80 at Rick Steves Europe, Inc.--in Edmonds, Washington, just north of Seattle--Rick's mission is to make European travel fun, affordable, and culturally broadening for Americans.
- Author(s)Rick Steves
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication13/11/2014
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRick Steves
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.